Appearance plays a crucial role in how people feel about themselves both inside and out. When a person suffers a scar or becomes disfigured as a result of a drunk driving accident which alters how they look, they may begin to feel self-conscious about their appearance and their level of confidence might drop. This can have a direct effect on employment, relationships, and how they live their life.

If you suffered any type of scarring or disfigurement as a result of a drunk driving accident in Omaha, NE, you may be wondering if you are entitled to sue the driver who hit you. And the answer is, yes, you may have the grounds to sue. You see, when an individual engages in behavior they know could potentially cause direct harm to another, they are said to be negligent or careless. Drivers are well aware that it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated and those that still do it put themselves at risk of being criminally charged and sued for damages.


What types of damages might I be entitled to collect for scarring and disfigurement after a drunk driving crash?


  1. Medical expenses. If you had to undergo surgery in an effort to correct the disfigured part of your body, you might be eligible to recover compensation for this. You may also request compensation be awarded for any additional medical expenses you have accrued as a result of the drunk driving crash.
  2. Mental anguishThis is “a type of suffering that can be compensated in a personal injury case, generally meaning significant mental suffering that may include fright, feelings of distress, anxiety, depression, trauma, or grief.” If the scarring or disfigurement you suffered has led you to experience mental anguish, this is something you can sue for.
  3. Loss of enjoyment of life. Many DUI accident victims often find it difficult to carry on with their lives after suffering a scar or becoming disfigured. Some find it hard to be in a social setting and decide to avoid certain events or activities altogether while others become an introvert, the opposite of who they once were. If a victim is unable to enjoy their life the way they once could, they can then sue the drunk driver in an effort to recover compensation for this loss they have experienced.
  4. Lost wages. If a drunk driving accident results in a victim being unable to work, whether it is temporary or permanently, he/she can request compensation be awarded for the income they would have earned had they not been involved in the wreck.


Can an Omaha, NE drunk driving accident lawyer help me file a civil suit against a drunk driver who caused me to suffer injuries?


Yes, so as long as you have the grounds to sue.In fact, a DUI accident lawyer will not only help you file your civil suit, but they also increase your chances of winning your case. Therefore, if you are ready to find out if you have a viable case against a drunk driver in Omaha, NE, you are going to want to contact Rensch & Rensch Law today.


Rensch & Rensch Law is located at:


7602 Pacific Street, #102

Omaha, NE 68114

Phone: 800-471-4100