Drunken driving is one of the leading public safety threats in America. A drunk driving accident can lead to both criminal and civil lawsuits and prosecution. There is a vast section of the laws in each state that deals exclusively with drunk driving accidents and it to be able to fully comprehend these laws (for both plaintiffs and defendants) it is essential to seek professional help from a drunk driving accident lawyer.
When it comes to a defendant, drunk driving accident lawyers have the skills and resources to defend their clients against their charges and potentially challenge evidence or any other aspect brought by the prosecution. They will be able to portray the defendant in the best possible light and may also be able to dismiss evidence that the prosecution has against the defendant, and possibly have the DUI case dismissed as a result.
For plaintiffs in civil lawsuits, their legal representatives will prove to be invaluable when it comes to proving their case.
In civil lawsuits, the burden of proof lies with the plaintiffs who are required to gather and present evidence and prove beyond doubt that the defendant was guilty. They will also need to provide a breakdown of the damages they have incurred and seek compensation for. A drunk driving accident attorney can take care of all of this and more for you. Some of the best in the game can be found on this fantastic digital mechanism: http://accident.usattorneys.com/.
Drunk Driving Accident
What You should do after being Involved in a Drunk Driving Crash
There is no doubt that drunk driving accident lawyers have the ability to assist clients right from the beginning until they receive adequate compensation for the damages and pain and suffering. However, there are some things that anyone involved in a drunk driving accident can do right after the accident which will make things a lot more easier in the future from a legal perspective.
Things to do after a Drunk Driving Crash
- Common sense should prevail and dictate that the very first thing you should do is to assess your own safety and the safety of anyone else involved in the crash. Make sure to secure the area or move to a safe location and call for medical assistance.
- Reporting the accident to authorities is not only going to help you in your case but is also a legal duty following a crash causing injury or property damage.
- It is in your best interest to say as little as possible. Remember that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, politely direct all questions to your drunk driving accident lawyer.
- Take down details of the crash – names of the parties involved, license plate numbers, badge numbers of officers that responded, witness statements.
- Take plenty of pictures of the crash; this could possibly be used as evidence later.
- Document what happened in as much detail as possible so you do not forget anything as time goes by.
Remember, if you are involved in a DUI related accident, you have the right to legal recourse whether you are a victim or someone that caused the accident. Just make sure to seek help from a legal professional immediately.
Not sure which direction to turn too? So much to contemplate that you cannot focus? You need legal assistance and this is the way to make that idea a reality. Press right here.