A drunk driving accident is an encounter, such as a crash or collision, involving an impaired individual who has consumed alcohol. Most states recognize an impaired driver as someone who is driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI). Each state identifies what the legal limit of alcohol consumption is for getting behind the wheel of a vehicle, but most drunk driving accidents occur from someone who has consumed amounts that are equal to or above the state’s stipulated legal limit. This limit is known as a blood alcohol content level and those above the age of 21 must not have more than 0.08% of alcohol in their system. The amounts vary by state for underage drivers and those who operate a commercial vehicle.
Drunk driving accidents often lead to DUI or DWI charges and many of those who become involved in alcohol-impaired crashes are often repeat offenders, which means they have engaged in the act more than once. The penalties for a repeat offender are far worse than someone simply being charged with DUI.
Did you recently engage in an accident where alcohol was the contributing factor? Are you now looking at jail time, probation, or legal fees and fines that are associated with your charges? If so, the drunk driving defense lawyers we will connect you with are the professionals you need to seek support from. They can address your concerns, help you devise a plan of action that could possibly get your charges or sentence reduced, and give you the peace of mind knowing you have a representative of the law working on your side and not against you.
Are You the Victim of a Drunk Driving Crash?
Are you on the opposing side and suffered injuries as a result of an accident that was caused by a drunk driver? Our drunk driving accident lawyers can also aid you if you are looking to collect compensation from a reckless individual that you believe to be responsible for bringing upon unwanted pain and suffering.
A drunk driving crash attorney can:
- Inform you of your rights as an injury victim.
- Provide you with the options you have as to how you can go about collecting the funds you and your family deserve.
- Collect all the necessary evidence to begin filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Request that punitive damages be awarded.
- Help you recover compensation for the physical and emotional distress you might be experiencing.
Did You Know:
Every day, 28 people in the U.S. are killed in motor vehicle accidents where alcohol was involved? That means there is a death every 53 minutes and the annual cost of these alcohol-related collisions amounts to more than $44 billion according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Drunk driving accident are a serious issue, and you need to know that you aren’t alone.
Drunk drivers affect the lives of many individuals and their families as their impairments prohibit them from operating their vehicles in the safe manner they normally would.
But the fact is, when a drunk driving accident transpires, these mishaps can alter the way in which you live your life and take away abilities you may have once had. So, take a moment and ask yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to any, scheduling your free consultation with one of our trustworthy and compassionate drunk driving accident attorneys is the next step you want to take.
- Are you no longer able to take part in any hobbies that once completed your life?
- Has your financial security become diminished because your injuries and inability to work affected your lifestyle?
- Have you lost the functionality of one or more of your limbs?
- Are you a grieving spouse who lost your partner in drunk driving crash?
Ready to make the call? Our agents are more than ready to speak with you now
What Charges Might I Be Facing for Causing a Drunk Driving Accident?
If you are found guilty of DUI or DWI and were responsible for causing an accident, there are various charges that may be pinned against you. The state you live in, your age, the location of the accident, and who was involved all play a role in what types of penalties you are going to be faced with. And don’t forget your BAC level as this is a crucial determinant of the outcome of your case.
In most cases involving a drunk driving accident, you are looking at an aggravated DUI conviction, and that could cost you your freedom and finances. And if injuries were sustained by others involved such as passengers, drivers, or pedestrians, you run the risk of them filing a lawsuit against you as they attempt to collect compensation for all the damage you brought into their lives.
What Can USAttorneys.com Do for You?
We have the capability of placing you in contact with some of the best and most respected drunk driving accident lawyers in all states across the U.S. When you hire a drunk driving defense attorney they will:
- Explain your DUI or DWI charges.
- Help get your charges reduced or dismissed.
- Prepare you for your court appearance and coach you on what needs to be said.
- Help you understand what plea deal should be taken if any are provided.
- Help you get a longer probation sentence as opposed to longer time in jail.
- Represent you in and out of court.